Thursday, January 3, 2013

Tekkit: Automatic Solar Panel Machine

Hello!

Sorry for the long time between posts. Christmas and new year's was a really busy time for me.

Now I am going to show you my newest creation in my tekkit world, the Automatic Solar Panel Machine!
It took quite some time to figure out how and where to build it, but now it is completed. The thought of this machine came to life when I was sick of making solar panels from scratch every time I added another power hungry machine to my house, so I thought; why not automate the making of them.


At first I wanted it to be like a factory. You know, assembly lines, raw materials coming in at one end and the finished product coming out the other. So here is the overview of the factory building I made.

 This is how I started to build the assembly line on the inside.

In the end, after I basically made the whole machine, I didn't really like the look of the building and it was inconvenient to have it away from my main house. So I demolished the building and added a small tower to my main house, so that I could build the machine more compact and space saving in there.

 After a couple of hours flying back and forth between the house and the chests filled with machine parts on the old place, I finally got it up and running.
 Picture above and below: The ore and sand from the quarry get smelted and used in automatic crafting tables to make some parts of the solar panel.

This partially concealed machine causes a maze of pipes and wires, below the floor where it is not normally seen .

The lever on the right is what switches the machine on or off, with the help of a timer which creates a redstone signal at given intervals.

On the lower floor of the tower. This is where the rubber and coal dust are made, and other materials come in from the quarry and gets distributed to the right places.

On the side of the tower is a small ledge where I placed the bluepower solar panels. The bluepower is used by the sorting machines,
 This is the upper room where the final assembly of the solar panel takes place.

There you have it! My automatic solar panel machine. It makes a solar panel every five seconds or so, as long as it got all the materials.

Overview of how it all looks from a different angle. The nuclear reactor on the right and  the quarry in the back.


Now that I have build that, I have no idea on what I should build next. I am thinking of some sotr of sorting machine though.

As always,
have fun & play games!

myZx


1 comment:

  1. Very informative and worthy post. Thanks for the sharing such a precious updates with us.How Solar Panels work

    ReplyDelete