Tuesday, November 6, 2012

One HUGE and rather ugly building

Hey!

New post, another building. This time I'll show you my newest creation in MineCraft.
I wanted to start the industrialized or capitalized part of my world. And what could be better than a really huge skyscraper! I gotta say that I am not really pleased with the result, as it is rather ugly, but I will definitely build more huge structures in the future. I have only built the exterior of the building so far, because it would take way too much time to fully furnish it as an office building, but I think I'll maybe finish it someday.

Note: This is really not anywhere near my best or greatest builds.
Another note: I have turned off the clouds in my game so you cannot see that it "scrapes the skies".

What you have been waiting for, some pictures of the building process!

Here is what I started with. The idea in the beginning was to have two staircases all the way up to the top of the building. Sidenote; the whole area was cleared out, by hand, by me alone.
 The two staircases almost complete as I didn't want to build them higher, it would just look wierd. The thing in the middle was the brilliant idea of an entreance, and a way for the executives of the company to look the whole way down the building.
 Here is the lower front of the building almost complete. it is supposed to look like a polished diamond, as the company's name is "Diamonds Inc". Tho it didn't give the impression of a diamond due to the black color.
 For a long time I wondered how tall I would like to have the building. I wanted it to be really tall, but then I figured out how much time it would take to build, as I had been building for like 6-8 hours already.
 And finally! Here is two pictures of the final building. Quite booring with only black and grey, but I didn't find any other blocks that fitted to the "theme".


As I said, I will finish the interior someday in the future. Any skyscrapers I build in the future will probably not be so colorless, if that is a word. I might have to get another texture-pack if I'm going to continue my industry city, as I have cleverly named this area.

The texture-pack I am still using is still from westeroscraft.com, but the website is down so I can't link to it at this time.

Thank you for reading.
Play games and have fun!

myZx

1 comment: