Friday, November 2, 2012

Building a small church

Hi there!
Once again it is time for some MineCraft building. This time I built a small church for my new save, which is actually an old save with some freaky world generation. In this save I intend to build a kingdom, well just a buch of buildings and stuff, spread out over a wast area. I got inspired by this on a server, which I can't really remember the name of now, where people just built stuff that didn't really have a general theme and had notthing to do with eachother, but the buildings didn't look out of place either.

For my world I am still using the WesterosCraft Texture pack, I am only in creative mode with no other tools.

And now, let's take a look at my new church!

Here is the plan I started out with. Using the different colors of wool to outline the different things like area for this building and specific form of the building.
I wanted to make it a typical church form, which often resembles the form of a cross.
Here are some screenshots of the progress.


And here is the finished church! From outside:
Some details from the inside:
The entrance. (Notice the lever for the glowing cross!)
 Looking down the church walk.
 The altar/cross.
 Overview.
 From the secluded "room" to the left.
 From the priest view down the church walk.

Sorry for the many pictures! But here is the final one, of the glowing cross outside at night.
The cross is a buch of redstone lamps, which can be turned on and off by the lever in the entrance.

If you want to see me build more there will be posts like this more often (not months between each post) in the future.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more builds from my new world!
Have fun and play games!

myZx

No comments:

Post a Comment