Sunday, January 20, 2013

Apartment complex in normal MineCraft

Looking for inspiration to a really boring looking apartment complex in MineCraft?
Then you have come to the right place!

Hello there.
I have taken a small step away from Tekkit and started building again in my weird build anything world. Here I'll show you the finished project I started on a long time ago. The apartment complex which lies right next to my really ugly skyscraper and is supposed to be the place where some of the highest paid employees live.

Instead of just talking about it, let's get to the pictures!


This was the starting area. I flattened out a small area on the other side of the small river. This space in the picture looked big enough, but I had to make some more room eventually.



After some time in the building process. The ground floor is planned to be a kind of lobby with storage space or something, or a small cafeteria of some sort.



Nearly finished. As you can see, the facade is rather boring looking, but I wanted the front to look like a real building.



Finally finished! I have not furnished the building, but every room in every apartment is supposed to be "functional", like bedroom, bathroom, kitchen etc. All the floors have lights in every room, which can be switched on or off with a button by the front door of the apartment. In some apartments, the light can even be switched on or off by an additional button in the master bedroom. I did not do anything with the ground floor, as I have not decided on what I want there.



In these three pictures, you see what the building looks like from above. The top apartment got the entire roof in addition to the entire top floor. The top apartment also got its own helicopter landing pad, a roof garden and a sundeck.



 Here we have a view of the terraces from two of the lower apartments.


I did not take any pictures from inside any of the apartments, as they are not furnished and it is rather difficult to get some good pictures in there.

There you have it. The first apartment complex and the second sort of tall building in my "industry city" completed.

Other stuff.
In my Tekkit world, I have decided to build some sort of automatic sorting machine. I have started on the building that will house it, but I don't know if I am satisfied with how it looks. More on that in a future post.

In the evening I often watch streams of other people playing, instead of playing myself. Dumb, huh. In MineCraft related streams, I usually watch this guy from Australia. The guy streaming is 19 years old, and goes by the name of StrayMav. He got a rather unusual sounding voice. Some find it annoying, but I think it is rather cool. His goal for the year with his stream, is to stream a total of 3650 hours. That is equal to 365 in game MineCraft days.
He usually stream from 9 pm, GMT.
You can find his stream here!
http://twitch.tv/straymav

That's all for this time.
Hope you have a fantastic day, night, evening or morning.
As always.
Enjoy your games and have fun!

myZx

No comments:

Post a Comment